Thanks to all of you who attended this week's faculty meetings, and for your feedback on the proposed organizational structure changes. I'm working on a "revised" structure and will be asking the faculty council to elect a "transition team" of faculty to work with me on the implementation details.
I haven't forgotten that I've asked the staff to set goals, too, and I'll be working with staff leadership over the next few weeks to develop a mechanism for goal setting.
And the next few weeks will be busy ones-Susan Downey and I are knee deep in budget discussions with the Provost, President and Finance and Administration.
I'll be emailing faculty evaluation material next week; I'll be asking for self evaluations to be returned to me and the department chairs after the break.
And I'm pleased to announce that we have a Development Director. Dawn Rigney will be joining Pace University on Wednesday March 4. She reports to me and to Philanthropy. She'll be based in Pleasantville during the Spring while she and I get to know each other. Once she gets settled she'll be based in White Plains at the Graduate Center.
This has been a busy couple of days at the downtown campus. Ivan Seidenberg visited the Computer Club and the Seidenberg Scholars on Wednesday. Joe McKay was the guest artist at last night's Digital Gallery reception-the evening was fabulous and provocative. We also had Ernest Von Simpson conducting a four week IT entrepreneurship seminar.
I'll be in Pleasantville on Monday, Tuesday and Friday, New York on Thursday and at the Graduate Center on Wednesday of next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment