A few things of interest:
- The Strategic Planning Committee is meeting next week to put the final touches on a draft that will be circulated to the community for discussion and comments. We will then focus our School's strategic plan on the goals in the University's strategic plan.
- Monday at the Graduate Center at 5 PM we are inducting students into Upsilon Pi Epsilon, the international honor society for the computing and information disciplines. Please plan to join us as you are able.
- Ivan Seidenberg will be meeting with the Computer Club and the Seidenberg Scholars at the New York campus on Wednesday during common hour.
- The budget process is beginning. The University Budget Committee has been meeting. Dan Farkas, Fred Grossman and I serve on that committee; we also serve on subcommittees. The Budget Committee includes representatives from each location council, and I believe that those representatives will be reporting at the location council meetings.
- It's not too soon to prepare for the Middle States accrediting team visit, March 22 through the 25. You can find the self-study document here. Please make sure that you are familiar with what's in the document, particularly those sections that refer to our School. Members of the team might want to discuss the document with you.
In preparation for next year's budget, I'll be circulating materials to faculty for our annual self-evaluations next week. I will be scheduling meetings with each faculty member to discuss this year's accomplishments and goals for the next academic year.
I haven't finalized next week's schedule yet but I know I'll be in Pleasantville Monday morning and at the Graduate Center on Monday afternoon. I'll be at the New York city campus part of every day next week except Monday. I will be attending the Digital Gallery presentation-hope to see some of you there.
No comments:
Post a Comment