Friday, July 18, 2008

Vacation!

This posting is late because I'm trying to get ready to fly to Santa Fe-the car picks us up at 5 AM and I'm still packing (at 9 PM on Friday night!).

Thanks to everyone who has sent notes of congratulations and good wishes. I appreciate your support. And thanks to those of you who have made time to meet with me.

This week had two main events: the Strategic Planning Committee meeting on Wednesday, and the Management Council Informal lunch on Thursday, both on the NYC campus. We are making great strides with the Strategic Plan, and Steve Friedman is hoping to hold Town Hall meetings in the fall. I'm still learning about the Council's (Dean's Council and Management Council) so I'm mostly listening and learning.

I also spent some time getting all of my technology together-getting phones switched, getting computers set up, stuff like that.

I met with staff and faculty from the New York Campus while I was there on Wednesday and Thursday, and I met with faculty at the Graduate Center when I was there on Monday.
I'm off for two weeks, no postings to the blog, but if anyone needs anything please contact Fran O'Gara, Bernice Houle, Jonathan Hill or Louise Kleinbaum.

See you all in August!

No comments: