Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's Back to School Time

Hard to believe but here it is, time for a new semester.

I hope to see many of you at convocation on Sunday, September 6. And I also hope that many of you have had a chance to read Unbowed, Wangari Mathaai's memoir.

The summer has flown by but I trust that we are all looking forward to a fruitful academic year.
A few quick reminders:
  • Richard "Rick" Kline has been named Associate Dean and will be working with the department chairs on the schedule; working with faculty and Victor Goldsmith and others in Sponsored Research on grants, especially those from stimulus funding, and will be coordinating our interdisciplinary work. You can find Richard's office across the hall from mine in New York.
  • We will be coming back to a reorganized School with four departments for this next transition year; please refer to the Restructuring Document that was distributed in June for more details.
  • Faculty, please make sure that your chair and Fran O'Gara both know your office hours.
I'll be at One Martine Avenue on Monday, at 163 William Street on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and off on Friday next week.



The following week I'll be in New York on Tuesday morning and in Pleasantville on Tuesday afternoon, then New York on Thursday and Pleasantville on Wednesday and Friday.

I look forward to seeing you at Convocation, at Academy Day, and around campus.

Enjoy this last weekend of the summer!

No comments: