As I write this the forecast for tomorrow is 4 to 12 inches of snow north of IS 287, which is where I live, so I expect to be "snowed in" tomorrow. Based on that forecast I've cancelled my Graduate Center Town Hall meeting. I'll summarize my notes from the first two meetings and send them out over the break.
We've had some very exciting things happening. Brian Cosgrove, a member of our advisory board, arranged for Jonathan and I to visit Brooklyn Technical High School (my father's alma mater, oddly enough-he's a member of the class of 1940). We are working with the principal, Randy Asher, and the president of the Alumni Foundation (and former principal) Matt Mandery to develop an articulation agreement as well as a strong academic partnership.
Dr. Andres Fortino, Associate Provost and Dean of the Westchester Campus of NYU Polytechnic, has suggested that the Seidenberg School become involved with New York State's Office of Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. We are looking to join the Academic Board.
Jonathan arranged for the Department of Education Virtual Enterprise Business Plan Competition to be held at the downtown campus last Friday. There were over 200 students in the Student Union, and Carey Miller and Ernest von Simson, the husband of recent LST honoree Naomi Seligmann, served as judges. Mr. Von Simson will be conducting a technology entrepreneurship seminar series at our 163 William Street location in the spring.
All of these activities will provide us with opportunities to showcase our strengths, and I look forward to other equally rewarding events.
I wish all of us a happy holiday season, and peace in the new year.
I'll be in the office beginning January 5, so please feel free to call, e-mail or stop by and visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Connie - nice work on the blog. I was showing it to the DPS students on Friday evening.
David
Thanks-I'm trying!
Post a Comment