This was a week that began in Pleasantville and ended in New York, with a day at the Graduate Center. Yesterday was devoted to Dean's Council and matters related to that; Thursday I spent trying to finalize graduate assistantships and schedule issues. I sent a note to everyone about graduate assistants, but it bounced back-here's the note:
" I have some additional graduate assistant time available for faculty who need research/project support. If you have not already requested a graduate assistant please send me, Louise or Jonathan a brief description of:
- the work to be done
- the amount of time you would like
Please send me your requests as soon as possible. I'll assign help in the order in which I received the requests. Please make sure that I hear from you BEFORE Friday, August 25 so that we can award the assistantships in a timely manner."
I'll try sending it again but meanwhile if you are reading this and you have a project that a graduate assistant can help with, let us know.
Next week I'll be in Pleasantville [Correction: New York] on Monday, New York on Tuesday, Pleasantville on Wednesday, the Graduate Center on Thursday and I'm not sure where I'll be on Friday-probably Pleasantville.
Tuesday the second of September is Academy Day-I'll be in New York at 11 AM to welcome students, then I'll head up to Pleasantville for the afternoon to welcome students. I look forward to seeing many of you then, if not before.
Enjoy these last days of vacation-I biked six miles along the North County Trailway today and it was beautiful. Some of the leaves are already turning-fall isn't far away at all!
No comments:
Post a Comment